Here I have compiled a list of 100 best quotes about digital marketing that will inspire you to work creatively. We all need the motivation to stay consistent, and sometimes reading some good quotes can provide a different perspective.
Therefore, I thought to compile some best inspirational digital marketing quotes from some of the best influencers such as Gary Vaynerchuk, Seth Godin, Rand Fishkin, and many others.
Read these motivational digital marketing quotes to gain insights and improve your online marketing strategy. Do let us know which quote about digital marketing did you like the most in the comments section.
Also, feel free to share these quotes with your colleagues on social media. In case you didn’t find your favorite digital marketing quotes in this list, then share it in the comments section with others.
Also Read: 60 Best SEO Quotes From Experts And Influencers.
100 Best Quotes About Digital Marketing For Inspiration
1. “Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make but about the stories you tell.” – Seth Godin
2. “You have to understand your own personal DNA. Don’t do things because I do them or Steve Jobs or Mark Cuban tried it. You need to know your personal brand and stay true to it.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
3. “A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is – it is what consumers tell each other it is.” – Scott Cook
4. “In the world of Internet Customer Service, it’s important to remember your competitor is only one mouse click away.” – Doug Warner
5. “In 2004, good SEO made you remarkable on the web. In 2014, good SEO is a result of being remarkable on the web.” – Rand Fishkin
6. “Mediocre marketers think in terms of campaigns. Great marketers think in terms of growth frameworks. “ – Neil Patel
7. “Good marketers see consumers as complete human beings with all the dimensions real people have.” — Jonah Sachs
8. “How to write a good email: 1. Write your email 2. Delete most of it 3. Send.” – Dan Munz
9. You can’t sell anything if you can’t tell anything. – Beth Comstock
10. “It’s not what you sell that matters as much as how you sell it!” — Brian Halligan
11. “Integrated marketing offers opportunities to break through to consumers in new markets.” — Betsy Holden
12. “Instead of one-way interruption, Web marketing is about delivering useful content at just the right moment that a buyer needs it.”–David Meerman Scott
13. If you make the customer unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell six friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6000 friends. – Jeff Bezos
14. “Marketers need to build digital relationships and reputation before closing a sale.” – Chris Brogan
15. “Think about what the user is going to type” – Matt Cutts
16. “If content is king, then conversion is queen.” – John Munsell
17. “If you’re a good marketing person, you have to be a little crazy.” – Jim Metcalf
18. Keep it short. No one reads more than the first paragraph. You have 10 seconds, make it count.
19. “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about.” – Benjamin Franklin
20. “Our head of social media is the customer.” – McDonald’s.
21. “You can’t fool all the people, not even most of the time. And people once unfooled, talk about the experience.” – Seth Godin
22. “Stop selling. Start helping.” – Zig Ziglar
23. “The brands that can connect with the client in a real way will win” – Gary Vaynerchuk
24. “Good marketing makes the company look smart. Great marketing makes the customer feel smart.” – Joe Chernov
25. “I want to do business with a company that treats emailing me as a privilege, not a transaction.” –Andrea Mignolo
26.“In the time it took you to read this sentence 20m emails have been sent.” – John Watton
27. “Whether it’s B2B or B2C, I believe passionately that good marketing essentials are the same. We are all emotional beings looking for relevance, context, and connection.” – Beth Comstock
28. “If you’re looking for the next big think, and you’re looking where everyone else is, you’re looking in the wrong place.” – Mark Cuban
29. “It’s hard to find things that won’t sell online.” – Jeff Bezos
30. “Advertising brings in the customers, but it is your job to keep them buying from you”- Chet Holmes.
31. “The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.” — Tom Fishburne
32. “Business has only two functions – marketing and innovation.” –Milan Kundera
33. “Twitter is a great place to tell the world what you’re thinking before you’ve had a chance to think about it.” – Chris Pirillo
34. “Content builds relationships. Relationships are built on trust. Trust drives revenue.” – Andrew Davis
35. “Take a risk and keep testing, because what works today won’t work tomorrow, but what worked yesterday may work again.” –Amrita Sahasrabudhe
36. “Mobile is no longer about what you can do on your cell phone. Mobile is all about doing more, all of the time.” – Mitch Joel
37. “Content is the atomic particle of all digital marketing.” – Rebecca Lieb
38. “Focus on how to be social, not how to do social.” – Jay Baer
39. “Every email is a customer survey of your target market, by testing they vote on what resonates best with them.” –Kath Pay
40. “Social media is about sociology and psychology more than technology.” – Brian Polis
41. “People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.” –Simon Sinek
42. “The modern marketer is an experimenter, a lover of data, a content creator, a justifier of ROI.” – Kim Walsh
43. “Inspiration is the most important part of our digital strategy.” – Paull Young
44. “Integrated marketing offers opportunities to break through to consumers in new markets.” — Betsy Holden
45. “Twitter is not a technology. It’s a conversation, and it’s happening with or without you.” – Charlene Li
46. “Commit to a niche; try to stop being everything to everyone.” – Andrew Davis
47. “Marketing’s job is never done. It’s about perpetual motion. We must continue to innovate every day.” — Beth Comstock
48. The success of social media design is built on your ability to create a highly engaged community focused on the co-creation of your brand – Unknown
49. “Content marketing is a commitment, not a campaign.” –Jon Buscall
50. “It’s much easier to double your business by doubling your conversion rate than by doubling your traffic.” – Jeff Eisenberg
51. “Ignoring online marketing is like opening a business but not telling anyone.” — KB Marketing Agency
52. ” How do we get people to talk about us on social? We better be interesting and helpful, and we better do that on a consistent basis.” – Joe Pulizzi
53. “Content marketing is all the marketing that’s left.” – Seth Godin
54. “Authenticity, honesty, and personal voice underlie much of what’s successful on the Web.” –Rick Levine
55. “Innovation needs to be part of your culture. Consumers are transforming faster than we are, and if we don’t catch up, we’re in trouble.” – Ian Schafer
56. “SEO is not something you do anymore, it’s what happens when you do everything else right” – Chad Pollitt
57. “Before you create any more ‘great content,’ figure out how you are going to market it first.” – Joe Pulizzi & Newt Barrett
58. “Don’t build links. Build relationships.” — Rand Fishkin
59. “Does your content lead readers on a journey, or does it merely stuff them as leads into a pipeline?” –Ann Handley
60. “What used to be cigarette breaks could turn into social media breaks as long as there is a clear signal and IT isn’t looking.” – David Armano
61. “Content, in all its forms, is the single most critical element of any marketing campaign.” — Rebecca Lieb
62. “Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first.” –Wendy Piersall
63. “If you can’t explain it to a 6-year old, you don’t know it yourself.” – Albert Einstein
64. “Less is more. Keeping it simple takes time and effort.” — Jeff Bullas
65. “We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in and be what people are interested in.” –Craig Davis
66. “Social media is about the people! Not about your business. Provide for the people and the people will provide you.” — Matt Goulart
67. “Speak to your audience in their language about what’s in their heart.” – Jonathan Lister
68. “Content is fire; social media is gasoline.” –Jay Baer
69. “To get the right message to the right person at the right time you first need to get the right data to the right database at the right time.” – John Caldwell
70. “Without facts and principles, data is useless.” –Bob Hoffman
71. “I use social media as an idea generator, trend mapper, and strategic compass for all of our online business ventures.” — Paul Barron
72. “It’s important to be where your audience of potential customers is today, and where they might be tomorrow.” — Andrew Delaney
73. “Storytelling is the most powerful way to put ideas into the world today.” — Robert McKee
74. “The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon.” — Brandon Sanderson
75. “The consumer is not a moron; she is your wife.” –David Ogilvy
76. “You can’t sell anything if you can’t tell anything.” — Beth Comstock
77. “On average, 8 out of 10 people will read your headline copy, but only 2 out of 10 will read the rest.” – Brian Clark
78. An email address is like a customer’s “digital fingerprint.” – David Daniels
79. “The most powerful person in the world is the storyteller. The storyteller sets the vision, values, and agenda of an entire generation that is to come.” — Steve Jobs
80. “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes — understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” — Arianna Huffington
81. Quality over quantity – Emails may best cost-efficient, but it’s no excuse to not produce quality content to give to a targeted audience.
82. “Start testing and stop arguing.” – Jon Correll
83. “Good marketing makes the company look smart. Great marketing makes the customer feel smart.” — Joe Chernov
84. “Do the right thing as marketers to build trust.” — Jon Dick
85. The Internet has been the most fundamental change during my lifetime and for hundreds of years. -Rupert Murdoch
86. “One of the best ways to sabotage your content is to not tie it to your goals. Know why you’re creating content. “ – Ellen Gomes
87. “The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.” – Bill Gates
88. “Good SEO work only gets better over time. It’s only search engine tricks that need to keep changing when the ranking algorithms change.”– Jill Whalen
89. “Give Value, Give Value, Give Value, and then ask for business.” — Gary Vaynerchuk.
90. “There’s never been a better time to be in advertising, and there’s never been a worse time.” – Aaron Reitkopf
91. The pace of change means that relationship is more important than ever before. – Dave McLaughlin.
92. “The future of retail is the integration of Internet and digital services with the retail network.” – Charles Dunstone
93. “Branding is about signals — the signals people use to determine what you stand for as a brand. Signals create associations.” — Allen P. Adamson
94. “Brand equity is the sum of all the hearts and minds of every single person that comes into contact with your company.” — Christopher Betzter
95. “Design like you are absolutely right, then optimize like you were wrong from the start.” – Jordie van Rijn
96. “We’re all learning here; the best listeners will end up the smartest.” – Charlene Li & Josh Bernoff
97. “Smart marketers and smart brand managers understand the importance of leveraging frame of reference to build their brands.” — Mark Shapiro
98. “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.” — Walt Disney
99. “Content Marketing is really like a first date. If all you do is talk about yourself, there won’t be a second date.” — David BeeBe
100. “In my honest opinion, brands with responsive, helpful, and savvy social customer service on social media are those that will end up winning the social media marketing game in the future.” — Neal Schaffer.
With this, we sum up our list of 100 best quotes about digital marketing. These inspirational digital marketing quotes will help you better understand how to formulate your online success strategies.
Do let me know which quote did you like the most in the comments section below. In case I missed any of your favorite quotes, then share them in the comments with others or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.